Thursday, November 11, 2010

invitations

weeeell, the fiance told me yesterday morning he decided he did not like the idea of sending the heart invites and of course i berated him for taking so long to tell me... truth is, i was having second thoughts too! mwahaha, but he does not know that! anyway, i decided to do alchemy request on etsy.com and got a bunch of bids.

This is the description i put for it:
Customized wedding invitations needed (keyword: GEEK)
"We are a creative and geeky couple getting married in March. Normally, I would make the invites myself but I am too busy with three jobs, school full time, and volunteering on campus with three different organizations. I need help! The wedding color theme is silver gray with cobalt blue or royal blue. White can be included in the color theme. Please let me know if you need more information to make up a sample template for me so I can choose. I need 100 small rectangular (square costs extra postage to mail) wedding invitations, with or without envelopes. I know this is a really small price I'm offering to pay but it is a very small budgeted wedding. The theme is just creative and different. We are also a green friendly couple so we will be recycling glass bottles and glass jars into centerpieces and making paper flowers out of white and blue tissue papers, crepe paper, and tulle. This is to give you an idea of our style for the wedding. "

I also added the areas of our geekiness:
Me- baking, cooking, science of food, computers,
Groom- xbox 360, playstation 3, biology degree,
Together- rock band, comics (scott pilgram, that sort), sci fi movies and shows (we heart serenity for example), movies

We want the usual info on the invite along with the wedding website url.

THEN after searching, i found TWO different invitations that i hearted so much. i decided to combine the two.





ahhhh, soo many ideas and details to input!!! the budget is ideally set at $50 plus shipping but i know its not realistic and will probably have to go up to $100. But for 100 invitations, that is pretty cheap considering it can go up to $12 per invitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment